Servicing multiple countries, different regions, and 3 different customer segments with one price management tool
Markets: Metro operates in 24 countries
Retail domain: Multichannel retailer and wholesaler
Active SKUs: 28.000
Yieldigo modules in use:
Price management, Bulk Pricing
Motives to take action
- Regular prices management for 360° pricing in multichannel
- What-if simulations
- Bulk pricing module
- Families module to handle SKUs families with less effort equipped with automatic suggestions
- Pricing process streamlined and automated, while equipped with data insights enabling for making informed decision about prices
- Understanding of financial impacts of new pricing strategies and tactics before applied
- Detailed visibility into optimal prices for each customer typology
- Precise prices across 3 different customer segments
- The buy-more-pay-less approach has proven to be margin accretive and well-established with shoppers. Selling more in bulks was unthinkable to achieve in scale with the previous workflows managed in spreadsheets. Enormous workload was the limiting factor.
At METRO, our business is based on two core customer groups – HoReCa and trader. Then we have also SCOs. Everything that can be segmented is segmented, and you can target individual customers very precisely. The COVID pandemic meant that we needed to redefine our pricing strategy very quickly. With Yieldigo price management tool having been used for years in our company, we were able to react promptly.
With the support of Yieldigo, we were also able to implement a new approach to bulk pricing. In 2020, we recorded the same sales as in 2019, despite the loss of the HoReCa market.
Chief Commercial Officer, METRO Slovakia